no fiction
I've always believed that there is good in every person. But last night, this belief was strongly shaken by a very, very, very bad incident that hits home and if it had gone really worse, I swear, all hell in me will break loose. I think I'm not gonna be able to forgive nor forget.
Please know that I am not citing this as to put my country in worse image as it has now. I know how the government works it's ass off as to paint a better picture. It is just so unfortunate that a very close person to me have to suffer (I will no longer name him on this entry though). And this is just what went on to my head after I've been told of what happened.
First, the story: Two friends boarded an FX taxi at past 12mn from Cubao riding at the back. FX isn't moving as they always have to make sure that the whole taxi which seats 11 people including the driver is fully occupied. He talks to her as they await for the last 2 passengers that were to fill the empty slots at their side (the back side of the FX seats 4 peeps). Suddenly a man opened the door at the back and cried out for them to surrender their cellphones and wallets. He was asking them at knife-point! The guy's first instinct was to hold on the man's hand which has the blade but he ended up holding onto the knife itself which he claimed later on, thank heavens, wasn't THAT sharp. Of course, there were a few seconds of struggle between them but then the driver noticed what was happening that he sped off the highway. Well, that got the evil man enough time to pull the blade as well as the guy's wristwatch. The guy was brought to the hospital for treatment and I *cringe* at his courage but im definitely in awe.
Now, my thought: Living in this country for all my 20+ years, I guess I get numbed by all the not so good things that has been hitting the headlines since I started reading the local newspapers. Of course, I get the usual reactions: shock + disbelief + anger. Questions pop in my mind like how can somebody do such horrible things? Why do they do it? Are we truly going to the dogs that people of this nation resort to the lowest of the low means of getting what we want? With these questions left unanswered, I am truly baffled. But I know that these awful days will eventually pass off as just another bad, horrid day. I'm only very grateful and find great comfort knowing that it didn't happen to any of my family and friends (or me).
That's until now (again), that the incident happened to somebody close. I cant help but think how anybody can be ultimately stupid and evil as to have no respect for his fellowmen whatsoever. Ok, I know that the upcoming holidays could be triggering the needs for these evil thwarts to do the deed as THAT is the usual excuse. Kesyo, wala daw silang pera o wala daw pambili ng pagkain ng mga anak. But POVERTY SHOULD NEVER BE AN EXCUSE as to do evil to others. Do not think that being poor will let you go scot-free or the society would caution its blow on you when you do something bad. Personally, I hope that those thinking that should be given additional life imprisonment coz its such a lame excuse. You evil thwarts have no right to put innocent lives in danger as well as control it with a thrust of a knife or use of any harmful objects. Maybe, LEX TALEONIS rule could come really handy and should be imposed on this one if only to give these evil men a dose of their own poison. Harsh, I know, but its for these heartless anyways.
In a few weeks his wounds would heal and I may be dismissing this as another (very, very, very) bad incident but I really am trying to be positive. Still looking for that good side in everyone. I hope that these series of bad events would not make me lose that belief coz sometimes, reality scares me so. When you are scared, you just lose confidence in your beliefs.
Please know that I am not citing this as to put my country in worse image as it has now. I know how the government works it's ass off as to paint a better picture. It is just so unfortunate that a very close person to me have to suffer (I will no longer name him on this entry though). And this is just what went on to my head after I've been told of what happened.
First, the story: Two friends boarded an FX taxi at past 12mn from Cubao riding at the back. FX isn't moving as they always have to make sure that the whole taxi which seats 11 people including the driver is fully occupied. He talks to her as they await for the last 2 passengers that were to fill the empty slots at their side (the back side of the FX seats 4 peeps). Suddenly a man opened the door at the back and cried out for them to surrender their cellphones and wallets. He was asking them at knife-point! The guy's first instinct was to hold on the man's hand which has the blade but he ended up holding onto the knife itself which he claimed later on, thank heavens, wasn't THAT sharp. Of course, there were a few seconds of struggle between them but then the driver noticed what was happening that he sped off the highway. Well, that got the evil man enough time to pull the blade as well as the guy's wristwatch. The guy was brought to the hospital for treatment and I *cringe* at his courage but im definitely in awe.
Now, my thought: Living in this country for all my 20+ years, I guess I get numbed by all the not so good things that has been hitting the headlines since I started reading the local newspapers. Of course, I get the usual reactions: shock + disbelief + anger. Questions pop in my mind like how can somebody do such horrible things? Why do they do it? Are we truly going to the dogs that people of this nation resort to the lowest of the low means of getting what we want? With these questions left unanswered, I am truly baffled. But I know that these awful days will eventually pass off as just another bad, horrid day. I'm only very grateful and find great comfort knowing that it didn't happen to any of my family and friends (or me).
That's until now (again), that the incident happened to somebody close. I cant help but think how anybody can be ultimately stupid and evil as to have no respect for his fellowmen whatsoever. Ok, I know that the upcoming holidays could be triggering the needs for these evil thwarts to do the deed as THAT is the usual excuse. Kesyo, wala daw silang pera o wala daw pambili ng pagkain ng mga anak. But POVERTY SHOULD NEVER BE AN EXCUSE as to do evil to others. Do not think that being poor will let you go scot-free or the society would caution its blow on you when you do something bad. Personally, I hope that those thinking that should be given additional life imprisonment coz its such a lame excuse. You evil thwarts have no right to put innocent lives in danger as well as control it with a thrust of a knife or use of any harmful objects. Maybe, LEX TALEONIS rule could come really handy and should be imposed on this one if only to give these evil men a dose of their own poison. Harsh, I know, but its for these heartless anyways.
In a few weeks his wounds would heal and I may be dismissing this as another (very, very, very) bad incident but I really am trying to be positive. Still looking for that good side in everyone. I hope that these series of bad events would not make me lose that belief coz sometimes, reality scares me so. When you are scared, you just lose confidence in your beliefs.

2 Comments:
ack, just read this now. all i can say is brace yourself...every year it gets worse. but there will be a day when it gets better - just not today i guess or any time soon. sorry you know me, i'm a realist.
don't scare me now.... *lol* wait, do i really know you? who is this? identify yourself XD
Post a Comment
<< Home