V(^^)V ~ youkoso minnasan!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

holiday jitters attack

Now that the halloween is over, the xmas jitters' slowly creeping in. I just realized that we have roughly 50+ days before Christmas. So I hear christmas songs in every mall. I see mad sales everywhere. I feel that the air is getting crisp and chilly (or is it just the aircon?!). I'm not really into the holiday rush yet but i have a feeling that i would be. Jen is already halfway through her xmas shopping for gifts and I haven't started yet. I just prepared my list yesterday and it's expected that my list gets longer and longer every year. So how should i do it? Should I purchase as much as i can before everyone else join me in the holiday rush? Or do it 2-3 purchases per day? I know that some of you would think it insane for me to be troubling myself with these but I always want to give something extra-special for gifts so i do trouble myself as early as now which brings me to ---> AAAAAAaaaaaahhh!!!!! im simply a victim of capitalism. Don't get me wrong. I love to shop. I do but sometimes if i could just have my way, i'd be running around with Ed Norton/Brad Pitt and blow off all those huge buildings to rally against capitalism as they did on 'Fight Club' (one of my fave movies by the way) But no, in reality, we are living in a material world and as that Madonna song go, we are truly material girls (and boys). Sad but nevertheless, true. Anyways, thinking about it now gives me the headache so better not think about it anymore. Yeah, postpone and postpone 'til i'll be rushing with the rest of the world getting gifts on Christmas day *phooey* Although Jen keeps telling me that its the thought that counts, at the back of my mind, it's telling me something else--- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Oh dun mind me. Im just having my early holiday jitters attack again triggered by every Christmas song i hear..... *sigh*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaah....ain't it chotto early for X'mas shopping? *yikes* Do I have to start on mine soon? *lol*

12:20 AM  
Blogger Alexiel said...

Yo girl! I'm very sorry I haven't been around much recently :_ Now I'm sick at home and internet reaches my bed so... lol

Mmmmm, that's why I don't like Christmas, it's such a waste of money :( I mean, really, with all the people that need money in this world, and look at all the courses that are made by all the families of the rich countries O_O It's like buying all crazy >_< I think it's a bit too much.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LORACYN-chan, i know its really early to do my shopping but would you believe, some peeps i know already started theirs in October. Besides, -ber months passes by sooner than we think. It's like my mind is still in Boracay for summer then *blink* *blink* it's Christmas season already???? XD Anyways, im just the type who would be pouring so much thought on such trivial things so don't be alarmed. I'm sure you'd manage your xmas shopping in a breeze ^___^

Hola ALEXIEL-chan, no problemo da yo! Its completely understandable for you not to visit. Im glad to hear you're feeling better than before.

Yeah, i know what you mean about all the $$$-spendings this season. Not to be a Scrooge or anything, but all those okane can be spent more wisely on some other practical and humane means deshou? But i guess, we can never tell the people how they would spend their own money coz they've earned it themselves. In short, it's for them to splurge on whatever they want demo we can only wish that they wouldn't be spending so extravagantly (and here i am talking yet i still go on impulsive binge shopping *shakes head*. Im just full of contradictions *tsk*)

Anyways, dont forget to take your medicines and rest. No second trip to the hospital for you! ^_^

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home