V(^^)V ~ youkoso minnasan!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

vulture darts after another

Currently, my country lies in a political turmoil. To be honest, I am so pissed at my countrymen for abusing our democracy. Sometimes, I think the Philippines is not ready for it coz when I give it a thought, the corruption, the redtapes and all the faulty reasons our government is not working boil down to the abuse of our democracy.

Funny that we just celebrated the EDSA Revolution recently and what a way for the opposition to celebrate it by putting up another revolution in hopes to oust our current president. Like WHAT D F*** are they thinking??? I was lucky enough to be already alive to take part in the first EDSA Revolution where Ferdinand Marcos fleed away to Hawaii after his abusive dictatorship has pushed the masses to reclaim the country's freedom by uniting together and standing up against the once powerful tyrant. I take pride of that knowing that the years of the Philippines under Ferdinand Marcos were considered years of the nation's darkest days. I remember that I was cheering my way to EDSA with the words 'TAMA NA. SOBRA NA. PALITAN NA.' with the rest of my crew (a.k.a. brother and sisters and daddy-o) whilst wearing the famed yellow Ninoy Aquino shirt. I have actually the slightest idea why we were tie-ing yellow ribbons on the cars' windows and why the 'jaundice' color was so in. Being really young then, I just went with the cheery mood of the crowd. Oh you know me, I love a happy crowd haha.

Now about 20+ years later, everyone wants their own People Power. Even if it is for selfish reasons, they go marching down EDSA, ranting out in megaphones and criticizing every little mistakes our government make. See we already have what?! People Power 2 (the one against ERAP. Thank goodness it worked!), People Power 3 (the one against Macapagal. Hmmm...), People Power 4 (the one against Macapagal again. HO-HUM...*stretches* *counts sheep out of boredom*) and I think a People Power 5 (with again, Macapagal...EVERYONE GET A LIFE! JOIN THE FANDOMWORLD!!! XD). I didn't know that PEOPLE POWER could have so many installments, its like watching all the LOTR episodes in one lazy Sunday afternoon. Well, Peter Jackson just happened to make the LOTR episodes a little more interesting. I hope he'd not get insulted for my comparing our political crises to his celebrated movie sequels. Going back, as Ive been telling my ofcmates over lunch last week, its not like I LOVE OUR GOVERNMENT or anything. In all honesty, I hate politics. I hate our government but given that we dont have any other better candidate to take on the presidency right now, I say we stick to Macapagal and give her the last 2 years of her term. These oppositions are just vulture-ing on her position for their own evil agendas anyways so better they shut up if they have nothing to better to give. The Filipinos are having a very rough time already and the least we need are our officials bickering with each other, aggravating what's left of our sad, sad economic state.

WHOOOOOOPPSSSS!!!! I think I've just reached the farthest I'd go with politics. My brain is already oozing out of my nose *frantically looks for a tape to keep it in place* XDDDDDD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home