V(^^)V ~ youkoso minnasan!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

the dress that i will let get away


I have been torturing myself these past few days contemplating on getting that perfect wedding-guest dress. YES, a damn dress. You see, i was thinking that i have less than a week to pin that dress down as i still have to alot necessary time for adjustments and of course, drycleaning til Saturday coz the wedding's on Sunday. So yesterday, i really had to drag Erly to the mall and checked out those ladies' shops. I really hated shopping clothes for occassions. If its just jeans and tops, no problemo but dressy types---AAAARGGGHHH!!!! Ok, ok, wont complain as this is for a very good friend's wedding. Of course, i would want to look presentable given this quite big occassion (i asked Jac about headcount and she said they'll have 900 guests O,O) and knowing how Jac would want this to be perfect, i wouldn't want to come in looking like a ragged doll and ruin it for her. Besides, she asked me and my other friend (Romainne) to do her a favor and be part of the offertory. Romainne, who was so over-eager to know what i'd be wearing on the day, have actually been asking me since three weeks ago. I know she'll be donning a green backless (but very decent i would presume) dress so i just told her, "dont worry, we wont clash." I have no intention whatsoever of going further than the usual decent attires. Moreso, wearing something that would say, "I AM HERE!!! YOOOHOOO!!!" That's just not me.

So my determination yesterday took me to 3 options. First option was this brown satin tube dress which has beaded twigs applique at the bottom. I love the color. I love the fit (well, still needs minor adjustment but very little of it) but the appliques kinda turned me off. Im afraid that the twigs wont be much twigs once its been laundered coz they're not sewn to the dress but rather 'glued' to it. I wouldn't want to find the HORRORS of HORRORS of seeing the twigs glue marks minus the beads on Sunday so i moved on.... next option was this salmon dress in clingy kind of material. Me having a petite body type isn't really up for it if not for the beautiful color. I just love the hue and Sunny, who i took with me before and has seen this dress, told me that its right cut for me. I kinda think otherwise coz this dress (color-aside) makes me look like a pole. Yes, a pole where your electricity wires are attached with matching perching birds.... hahaha. So, i really have to move on again.... 3rd option was this white organza dress with diagonal lines in different places. Its quite similar to the 2nd option but this one doesn't make me look like a pole because of the diagonal lines adding a bit more volume (illusion) to the wear-er (that's me) and the lines makes it interesting. Nice color (white with hues of grey depends on where the light is) but needs adjusting. Hmmm... looks promising! Well, what the heck! Its the closest to what i would go for and i am tired so i finally purchased it this morning................... all happy............................but not quite!

HERE is where the title of the entry comes in *sob* I asked Mems to accompany me to the alteration shop this afternoon as i want to get this whole dress thing done and over with the soonest possible so we went to the basement of Robinson's Galleria mall. While walking along the promenade holding the bag that carries the almost perfect dress, my eyes wandered to the window of this shop where an orange dress in all its beauty was calling me.... it is THE PERFECT DRESS! and when i checked the tag, please hand me a tissue it was cheaper than the one i had purchased!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, yes it is sad. I dun think i'd want to get it as i wouldn't want to spend more than what i had alloted for. The white dress already cost me and i have to think of the gift which i assume would also cost me so buying it for the sheer idea that it is the PERFECT DRESS is definitely out ahuhuhuhu... WHYYYYY?!!!! WHHHYYYYY should i be the one to suffer????!!!!!!!! *lol*

well, lessons of the whole story, 3 options are not enough. If there is no 'this is it!' factor to it, dont purchase. And dont ever go on a mad hunt for a dress in a week's time---make it 2 week's time
haha

since i'm needing a little bit of a cheering up due to my trivial misadventure, i just look up for a TackeyTsuba pix. I think this is the 'THIS IS IT' pix that would do the job >>>

baka boys

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA --- how funny is that?!!! TxT cosplaying *lol* i was able to see the cropped TxT koukou girls (or you can call them 'cuckoo' too coz they're crazy! hahaha) before but not the whole pix. GAWD, their expressions are so funny specially Tackey ero kanja there... EROOOO~~~ with Tsuba playing little miss nursie (^_^) BUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA soooo funny!!!! *wipes tears* oh well, times like these, you can depend on these two *baka* boys to make you forget HAHAHAHAHAHA



pix credit to takitsuba.hk.st -something


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shindi-chan! While you were dress-hunting, did you happen to see a nice wedding guest dress that would suit nicely with a strappy silvery-pink sandals with 2 1/2 inches of heels? I bought it for a formal occassion that I attended here and partnered it with an all black attire. But you see, I'm attending EJ's wedding on Dec 27 and I want to wear those sandals. Of course, wearing black is a no-no on weddings. So, if you've seen a dress that you think would suit me nicely, let me know. I'm also dress hunting here... sort of... but not yet "seriously". It's still 3 months away anyway. ;)

Congratulations to your friend!! And I'm sure you'll look pretty in your dress. ;)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sure to have bumped into something that would fit that strappy pink sandals of yours if only they'd still be available on December when you visit. Lets hope coz i really dun want to get it for you baka iba na size mo at baka hindi mo pa siya trip. Im sure we'll see something when we go to one of our 'serious' shopping sprees round the holidays ^_~ I dun find it that hard to look for others but looking for me, TAD HARD!!! ><

Can you imagine my mala-VENUS look with matching white organza dress plus the curly hair??? alam mo yung BIRTH OF VENUS di ba? the painting??? kulang na lang pucca shells hahahaha and this is a chinese wedding ceremony hahahahaha. Meron ngang madir na nagadvice sa akin lagyan ko nga daw ng brooch ang aking white dress ng mga paru-paro, bulaklak, dahon-dahon. Sabi ko "NAY, di naman kaya ako magmukhang DIWATA nito?" siyempre ang hirit ng lola, "Hay naku, maniwala ka. Madalas akong umattend ng mga ganyan at lagi akong best-dressed..." TAKUT AKU! hahahahaha... of course i know better than to take that advice deshou?! ^_^

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home